OPENING FOR PART-TIME SWIM COACH
- Part-time Swim Coach/ Deck Coach
- Lansdowne YMCA (Branch of Community YMCA of Eastern Delaware County)
- Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for participants in competitive swim programs.
- Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Follows lesson plans/workouts as provided by the head coach.
- Supervises and accepts responsibility for the behavior of swim team members during practice sessions, swim meets and all other YMCA events.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with students and parents; Encourages parent involvement.
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
- Maintains a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Attends all staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.