PENN-DEL SWIM LEAGUE (PDSL) VIRTUAL INVITATIONAL MEET INFORMATION
- Provide teams to participate in a virtual meet setting without worrying about scheduling with another team
- Provides flexibility in completing a meet due to possible facility restrictions
- Allows teams to swim different events at different times
- Allows for teams that are various stages of returning to the pool an opportunity for competition
- Provides opportunities for athletes to "compete"
PDSL will provide 4 opportunities for teams to compete in a PDSL Virtual Invitational. PDSL will provide a meet file that teams can use to participate. Teams will have a timeframe of 10 days to swim events and submit results to the league.
The league will then merge the results to create an invitational results file that teams can then use as they see fit. The PDSL will then post results on the league's website.
For the purpose of following YMCA guidelines, "PennDel" will be considered the home team.
ABOUT THE PDSL INVITATIONAL MEETS
These meets are closed (YMCA teams only), intra-association YMCA meets open to all PDSL swim teams. All competitions are held at the local area or local YMCA.
Meet Format - The meet format must be the same for all locations as to the events swum, age groups involved, etc., just as you would see at an in-person meet. You should follow the practices you would have followed for an in-person meet, (ie. combining events, etc).
Meet Dates - PDSL will provide a meet file for the months of October, November, December, and January. Meet dates will span over a ten day period (which would cover two week-ends).
- October 16 - October 25
- November 13 - November 22
- December 11 - December 20
- January 15 - January 24
Technical Rules - The meet must follow the Rules that Govern YMCA Sports, Addendum to the Rules that Govern YMCA Sports, and USA-S Technical Rules.
Files have been updated on 10/5/2020
Edited by administrator on October-05-2020 at 9:25am