ASSISTANCE SWIM COACH POSITION AVAILABLE AT NORTHWEST SWIM CLUB SWIM TEAM
Our Team: Located in Bethlehem, PA, the Northwest Swim Club (NWSC) Swim Team is a summer swim team in the ABE Suburban League. The program offers a supportive atmosphere that emphasizes sound stoke techniques, training sessions, and competitive opportunities at every level.
General Function: Under the direction of the Head Swim Coach and in accordance with the goals and objectives of the NWSC Board of Directors, the Assistant Swim Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Swim Coach with managing the swim team in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth by the ABE Suburban Swim League. The Assistant Swim Coach must be a role model of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and work daily to develop personal and meaningful relationships with members, staff, and guests.
- This is a 2 month position for June and July.
- Must be available Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 pm. Some Tuesday/Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings are also required. See schedule for specific dates for the 2020 season.
- Must have a competitive swimming background.
- Must have an understanding of how children learn, while having the ability to communicate clearly and directly with them.
- Must have the communication and leadership skills to communicate effectively and efficiently with the Head Coach, other staff, and the swim team parents.
- Must maintain certifications in Lifeguarding, CPR with AED and First Aid, or become certified within a reasonable amount of time of starting the job.
- Build meaningful relationships with members and participants; help members connect with one another and to NWSC.
- Work daily to nurture the swimming potential of youth and teens
- Promote the core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in all job-related functions.
- Lead practices of the group(s) given by the Head Coach with care and excitement.
- Ensure the safety of swimmers at the practice by following proper precautions and regulations.
- Give swimmers knowledge to understand and master strokes allowing for movement up
- through the swim team practice groups.
- Be on deck before swimmers begin practice, to greet swimmers and parents.
- Help set up and run swim meets as deemed necessary by the Head Coach.
- Communicate effectively with the Head Coach and/or the Board of Directors about daily practice procedures, emergencies, and information regarding swimmers´┐Ż and swim team well being.
- Attend any and all team meetings, get togethers, as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors.
- Provide corrective feedback that will enhance swimmers´┐Ż techniques.
- Maintain structure and discipline within a group setting, while encouraging and promoting student participation in a positive manner.
- Engage parents and cultivate relationships to create a collaborative swim team environment
- Conduct self in a professional, friendly, helpful, courteous and diplomatic manner.
- Follow NWSC policies and procedures; respond to emergency situations.
- Any additional tasks and/or duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Effect on End Results: The purpose of the Assistant coach is to aid the Head Coach in the development of the swimmers, through mastery of swimming skills, knowledge of the sport, and goal setting. Swimmers of all ages on the team should gain an understanding of good sportsmanship, confidence, as well as responsibility, caring, respect, and honesty.