<< Prev Article | Next Article >>
Posted: September-12-2019 at 5:39am | IP Logged
Author: Tom Warrick
Title: WebMaster
Group: Admin Group
Printable version Printable version

Penn-Del Annual Clinics and Swim Official Certification Classes

Penn-Del Annual Clinics

Due to a scheduling conflict, the Level I Official Certification class will not be held on September 21 at the Quakertown YMCA

Are you a certified Official?  To help elevate the level of your skills after you have become a swim official, Penn-Del League offers a series of annual clinics.  These annual clinics are designed to re-enforce important concepts, to review changes in the rules that may have recently occurred, and to review specific issues that you will encounter in your swim official role.  Attending a corresponding annual clinic is a requirement to fulfill the role of Referee or Admin Official at a Penn-Del dual meet or championship.

In addition to the above clinics, if you are an operator of the Hy-Tek MeetManager software that records swimmer times and scores, you will need to take the annual MeetManager Operator clinic to fulfill the role of MeetManager Operator at Penn-Del dual meets and Championships.

The League is offering its first set of clinics on Saturday September 21 at the Quakertown YMCA (aka Upper Bucks) starting at 12:00 Noon.  All three clinics will be offered: Referee Refresh clinic, AO Refresh clinic, and Meet Manager Comprehensive clinic. 

Additional upcoming clinics can be viewed on the Penn-Del Web Site www.penndelswim.org

Note: These clinics are Penn-Del League specific and are not part of the YMCA swim officials certification process.

Please contact the appropriate Trainer if you plan to attend one of these clinics. 

• Fred Polaski, polaski5@comcast.net, Level I, Level II, or AO
  • Bert Hewitt, wehewitts@gmail.com, Level I, Level II, or AO
  • Jenn Woods, jenn.woods95@gmail.com, MeetManager Operator
  • Swim Official Certification Training Classes

Is your current Swim official certification expiring? 

Or, are you new to swimming and want to get involved with your child's swimming sport?  Then, become a certified Swim Official.

Members of the Penn-Del Swim League Board hold a number of YMCA of the USA certification and recertification training classes.  These classes teach the rules of competitive swimming and certify you to fill the role of a timer, stroke & turn judge (Level I), starter, and referee (Level II).  If you prefer to work at the timing desk, you can become a certified Admin Official (AO).

Get started today by registering for one of the YMCA certification/recertification Swim Official classes that will be held on Saturday September 21 at the Quakertown YMCA (aka Upper Bucks) in the afternoon.   Certification classes include: Swim Official Level I, Swim Official Level II and Swim Official Admin Official

Additional certification classes will be held and will be listed on the front page of the Penn-Del web site at www.penndelswim.org.

Contact one of our trainers to learn more or to register for an upcoming swim official certification/recertification training class.

• Fred Polaski, polaski5@comcast.net
  • Bert Hewitt, wehewitts@gmail.com

• Edited by administrator on September-12-2019 at 5:39am

Posted: September-12-2019 at 5:42am | IP Logged
    Author: Tom Warrick
    Title: WebMaster
    Group: Admin Group

Due to a scheduling conflict, the Level I Official Certification/Recertification class will not be held on September 21 at the Quakertown YMCA

<< Prev Article Season News Next Article >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
    If you are not already registered you must first register

This page was generated in 0.1094 seconds.

Copyright© 2001-2019  PennDel Swimming. All rights reserved.
    Site is best viewed at 1024x768