PENN-DEL YMCA SWIM LEAGUE

  Logged in as: Guest (Login | Register)
 Navigation

Screen Name

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list


Forgot password | Register


Contact Us

1,363,216 visitors
Since 7/1/2005 7:20:44 PM

Visitors today: 323



Board Minutes
 PennDel Swimming : Board Minutes
Subject Article: Board Meeting - February 11, 2019
 Board Meeting - February 11, 2019
<< Prev Article | Next Article >>
Posted: March-13-2019 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Author: Tom Warrick
Title: WebMaster
Group: Admin Group
Printable version Printable version


PENNDEL SWIM LEAGUE
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
February 11, 2019

Attendance:  Elliot Berton, Bert Hewitt, Tom Warrick, Mark Fisher, Carl Sandoe, Rick Carson*, Jenn Woods*, Howard Halpern*, Fred Polaski*, Pat Ryan*, Kelly Burke*  (* by phone)

Minutes:  The Board reviewed the Minutes from the January 14, 2019 Board of Directors' Meeting.  On Motion, the Minutes were approved as amended.

Finance:  Pat reported that for the period ending January 19, 2019, funds available totaled $25,042.84.  Pat summarized pending transactions and unpaid invoices.  Three Y's have not cashed Meet Manager upgrade reimbursement checks.  Pat will follow up.  In addition, Pat will prepare an analysis of League expenses from the past season so that the Board can begin working on the budget for the 2019-2020 season.  On Motion, the Treasurer's report was accepted as presented.

Commissioners:  Jenn and Rick summarized the recently completed dual meet season.  In general, League members were cooperative and complied with procedures for submitting meet results and other data sought by the League.  There were a fair number of timing protests presented, and the Board discussed whether there are any recurring issues that could be incorporated into the League AO and Meet Manager clinics that might reduce the number of mini protests in the future.  Jenn and Rick noted that some problems were caused by failure to use the posted Rosters.  Other dual meet issues might be attributable to coaches taking on tasks that could be performed by a Team Representative.   The Board will prepare a Team Representative responsibility outline, and share it with the coaches.

Championships:  Board members who were assigned to each Distance and Divisional Championship Meet made reports.  Carl outlined issues encountered.  The Board will review procedures and feed back from Meet hosts and determine if any changes should be made to the way the Meets are organized and administered.   Rick reported that Walter Lee�s family attended the Madison Championship Meet and were delighted to present the Walter Lee Sportsmanship Awards. 

Charlie Hartley Meet:  Mark noted that the initial entry deadline for the Meet is rapidly approaching. More than 600 swimmers have registered to participate so far, and a number of teams have yet to submit entries.   Mark anticipates that GCIT will transmit the contract for use of the facility shortly.   Howard, as overall Meet Referee, will work with Mark and Bert to recruit and assign the deck referees, starters and chief judges for each session.

Administration:  Many clubs use the website to advertise invitational meets.  Results from the Distance and Championship Meets are posted on the site as soon as they are provided by the meet host.

Respectfully Submitted,

Elliot Berton  


User Is Offline
 
<< Prev Article Board Minutes Next Article >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

 
Printable version Printable version

 



This page was generated in 0.1094 seconds.


Copyright© 2001-2019  PennDel Swimming. All rights reserved.
Site is best viewed at 1024x768