PENN-DEL YMCA SWIM LEAGUE

  Logged in as: Guest (Login | Register)
 Navigation

Screen Name

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list


Forgot password | Register


Contact Us

363,216 visitors
Since 7/1/2005 7:20:44 PM

Visitors today: 323



Board Minutes
 PennDel Swimming : Board Minutes
Subject Article: Board Meeting - September 14, 2015
 Board Meeting - September 14, 2015
<< Prev Article | Next Article >>
Posted: October-17-2015 at 6:13am | IP Logged
Author: Tom Warrick
Title: WebMaster
Group: Admin Group
Printable version Printable version


Sept. 14, 2015 Penn Del Board Meeting Minutes

C.T.O.: 6:33 by President Berton

Present: Elliot Berton, Bob Heebner Jr., Bert Hewitt, Carl Sandoe, Tom Warrick, Mark Fisher, Erik Nelson, Fred Polaski *, & Jenn Woods *.           (*= by phone).

August Minutes: Deferred to the October Meeting

Finance: Pat circulated a financial report. He reported that many Y's have already paid.  League dues and Championship fees are due Oct. 3. The present checking account balance is $29,395.70.

Scheduling: Erik reported that tentative schedules have been posted. He is now attempting to accommodate change requests. Erik will remind coaches that, after October 3, all schedule changes must be presented to the Commissioners.

Officials: Fred reported that the League Referee and AO clinic will be a combined presentation, with the first clinic offered after the Fall meeting on October 3. Elliot suggested that the clinic include advice on how to handle coaches' protests at the meet. Bert indicated that the clinic will include proper completion of DQ forms. Tom noted that the AO must address unique issues meriting a separate clinic.  Fred clarified that the combined clinic will be offered this year but in future years, Referee and AO clinics will likely be offered separately. Fred is sending an email inquiring if any Y's wish to host official's classes or League clinics.

Website: Tom reported that the conversion to the new web host is now complete. The site now sends emails faster and the cost is less than before.

Championships: Carl summarized bids to host Divisional championships. Merits of the bids were evaluated and after a vote the Championship Coordinator's recommendations were approved unanimously. Carl will contact all bidders and to lock down dates and meet locations.  The distance meet survey results were discussed.

Awards: Bert is still working on details for the Championship participant's bag tags. Further info will be given at the Fall meeting. Championship awards have been ordered.

Rules: Bert proposed two rule changes for the Fall Meeting to be voted on.

Scoring: Bert reported the scoring procedure will describe what must be done to score dual (and tri) meets. Bert reported that a draft of the proposed scoring procedure will be available by September 30. The District qualifying times were just released.  As a consequence, the Charlie Hartley qualifying times can be determined. Jenn will have the new meet templates out soon. Jenn will schedule Meet Manager training classes which will be posted on the website.

Fall Meeting: The agenda for the Fall meeting was reviewed and adjustments were made.

Administrative Issues: Bert has updated League forms and sent them to Tom to post on the website. Tom is going to add Brandywine Delaware so our new League member can add their contact information. Tom will send all teams a reminder to update/correct contact information.

Board Calendar: Elliot reminded the Board that the calendar is posted and he welcomes updates/additions.

Adjourned: 8:11 P.M.   Next Meeting: Oct. 12  Loc. TBA

User Is Offline
 
<< Prev Article Board Minutes Next Article >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

 
Printable version Printable version

 



This page was generated in 0.1055 seconds.


Copyright© 2001-2018  PennDel Swimming. All rights reserved.
Site is best viewed at 1024x768